Sunday, October 30, 2011

Rekindling Hope


I don’t know why I miss you today
The smiles we exchanged
The time we spent
The dreams we shared
All have united to haunt me
To create a pungent feeling of guilt, shame and despise.

Will it be ever possible
To reverse the flow of time
To undo the events of past
Some of which unfolded naturally
Some because of our ego
That led to perpetual denial of errors and mistakes

Don’t say life has its tortuous path
And this event is a lesson for life
No, I don’t want to learn these painful lessons
At this heavy price
What is the point in learning life’s lesson
That forces to a state of regret and scorn

I don’t know how you are, where you are
But today after a long gap
I have realised your value
Value of your smiles, and your admonishments
Don’t say it’s too late, too wrong a time
Just be brave to rekindle the hopes
Of being together
Together forever.

No comments: